A decisive leap forward in data center design principles.
Merlin is Capgemini’s newest data center. Located in Swindon, UK, it is a state-of-the-art facility that breaks new ground in terms of data center design and construction principles. It will provide Capgemini clients with cost-effective, secure, resilient, flexible and environmentally considerate services.
Sustainability has been at the heart of the Merlin project – all the way from location selection, design and construction, through to the day-to-day operation of the site. Among Merlin’s key sustainability achievements are:
- An expected PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) of 1.10
- Built to LEED standard – an independent and internationally recognized green building accreditation.
- A fresh air cooling system that delivers 80% savings in run costs and produces up to 50% less carbon emissions
- Power savings of 91% compared to an ‘industry average’ data center (with a PUE of 2.5)
- The elimination of batteries in the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) thanks to the application of innovative flywheel technology.
All of this has been achieved while fulfilling some of the industry’s most rigorous security and resiliency demands.
Download this Capgemini white paper to find out more about the incredible story behind Merlin, including:
-The challenge faced
-How sustainability was at the heart of every stage of the project
-The challenges faced and overcome
-What this means for Capgemini clients.
Read this white paper and want to find out more?
Data Center Services
Merlin is just one element of Capgemini’s network of energy-efficient data centers. Find out more about how you can benefit from cost-effective, secure, flexible, sustainable and resilient data center services.
The story behind Merlin
A look at how the rising importance of environmental responsibility inspired the Merlin project.
A closer look at Merlin
Technical specifications for this remarkable data center.