Catching the new wave of innovative services
The global BPO market is expected to grow at an average of 6.5% per annum until 2015, driven both by the continued growth of the traditionally outsourced areas of finance and accounting, human resources and customer service functions, and the rapid expansion of new scope areas such as supply chain management, product design and innovation, and marketing support.
Research conducted by Capgemini evaluated current and emerging BPO trends within the manufacturing industry using our “Networked Value Circle” model. The new “BPO in Manufacturing” study highlighted the following:
- In F&A new offerings like decision support and financial planning and analysis will fuel growth in the coming years.
- The product design and innovation market, while small, is expected to post gains in the next few years.
- In SCM, 4PL logistics integration will be an area of significant growth.
- In MSS, both customer service management and technical publications will remain high-growth areas.
- In HR, growth is expected to be slow with a large number of specialized players in a relatively mature market.