The Advantages of Business Intelligence Federation
We build a business intelligence data federation strategy that covers:
- Business intelligence architecture and infrastructure
- Data mining
- Federated data warehousing scenarios
A federated system is not only cost-effective; it enables companies to:
- Address high-level management needs without imposing unnecessary constraints on business units
- Reduce total cost of ownership based on adapted business intelligence systems, or group tools (portals, database, or extract transform load processes)
- Increase business units' reactivity by focusing on adding value and improving operations
- Align business intelligence with transversal business goals
A Proven Business Intelligence ApproachThe most important step in any approach to business intelligence projects is to find the right sponsor. Our experts then help you draw up the most appropriate roadmap for your federated business intelligence solution.
Capgemini starts the federalization process by rolling the complete solution out in a select number of departments and using a limited number of KPIs. Once the solution is functioning effectively, it is quickly extended to target all transversal KPIs.
Gain a Global Overview
Over the past 15 years, businesses have moved towards implementing business intelligence systems adapted to specific business areas.
Through many years of experience, Capgemini understands that the drawback of this approach is that it limits a company's global oversight and control over their KPIs. Alternatively, reverting back to centralized warehouse systems can be costly and can fail to deliver tangible business value.
Our expertise includes the successful implementation of multiple business insights & data strategies and solutions that are designed to help businesses better understand how to make the most of their information.