Capgemini helps leading store chain unlock the potential of the massive volumes of data available from today’s data rich transactions with a holistic BIM program
A major US discount retailer wanted to make better use of the volumes of data in its systems. The retailer set several goals: improved alignment in its data management program; more streamlined IT services and reporting for end users; and an updated IT infrastructure to improve flexibility and the company’s ability to scale and adapt to market change and end user needs.
The company enlisted Capgemini’s help to develop a Business Information Management (BIM) strategy and roadmap to enhance information accessibility and usability. Using the Capgemini Intelligent Enterprise methodology, the key was to build a common shared vision across business and IT as to how information will be managed and used, and to put in place the key steps to achieving this vision.
A strong Intelligent Enterprise roadmap was built that provides a foundation for the company’s future information management needs:
- a prioritized focus for the data management program
- alignment of BIM capabilities to organizational change initiatives
- a definition of a lifecycle model for maturing the data environment and progressively replacing it with new technology
- a targeted low-cost and modular environment, which is flexible to change
- an IT-managed and governed data environment that allows for business self-service.